Friday, January 14, 2011

Late Night Inspiration

So I love, love, love, love, love, LOVE Turbo Fire!  Did I mention that I love Turbo Fire?  Ok, you get the point, but it's nice to see I'm not alone when it comes to my love affair with the best cardio conditioning program...on the planet!

While spending another late night session of perusing Youtube (Did I also mention I love the word perusing?), I found a really cool video.




What's cool about it?  It's a bunch of guys doing the Turbo Fire workouts (HIIT 15, to be exact).  What's so great about that?   It's guys doing Turbo Fire, for crying out loud!  Aaaahhh!!!!

Ok, it's not that big of a deal...but it is pretty interesting.  You see, any product Chalene Johnson puts gets deemed "girlie" by insecure men who are put are put off by her boisterous music, colorful sets (and outfits), and the plain fact that she is female.  It seems men flock to workouts with dimly lit sets that are reminiscent of a medieval torture chamber and are lead by *gasp* men.

 I have tried to get many guys interested in giving Turbo Fire a try and have been met with a cold reception every time.  No matter the fitness level, I have received similar responses across the board...words like "girlie", "pointless" and even "it looks too easy."  Too easy?  This coming from a nameless person who cannot even run a mile without heaving!

Truthfully though, I think Turbo Fire is as good as any cardio conditioning program out there.  Don't be fooled by its colorful set and the goofy smiles on the background exercisers--it's quite a workout!  Although I consider myself advanced when it comes to exercise DVDs, I still think it's a kick-ass workout.

Thankfully, I have found a few men who do appreciate Turbo Fire.  Over at the VF (videofitness.com. duh!), one male member has written about his 90 day quest to complete the Turbo Fire program.  Might I add that his writing his hilarious to boot!  I also remember someone posting a video awhile ago about a group of male fitness junkies proving that Turbo Fire is for the guys as well.

Lo and behold, I came across it again tonight.  Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nfkwm7K4ho

Their tuck jumps are almost as good as mine, might I add!  ;)

No comments: