Sunday, January 9, 2011

Screw my trapezius, I'm doing this anyway!

So after taking an afternoon nap and spending most of my day sitting around, mopping in pain, I decided to get out of my tiny studio apartment and clear my thoughts.


I needed to make a stop at Walgreens anyway to pick up some heating pads and pain-relieving cream for my aching muscles.   On my way to Walgreens, I stopped by Starbucks, which incidently is across the street from my destination.  While enjoying a Cinnamon Dolce Latte (with  whipped cream too!) and perusing through the aisles at Walgreens, something dawned on me: my muscles didn't ache as much!

Granted, I did end up buying the drug-store items for pain relief (and some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups...so necessary), but I realized rehabilitation of my trapezius muscle was going to come through movement, not drugs and rest.

When I got home, I did some stretching and yoga poses.  Yes, my upper back and neck were still bothering me, but as I continued my fluid movements, slight signs of relief were noticeable.

I decided to go with my original plans and start my first 4-week rotation of 2011 on Monday, anyway.  Although lots of modifications will be needed, I think I will pull through.




No comments: