Monday, November 15, 2010

My Inspiration

I haven't discussed it too much here, but I absolutely Chalene Johnson and her vast array of products, most of which are exclusively sold with Beachbody.  I own two of her workout systems, ChaLEAN Extreme (CLX) and TurboFire (TF).  Not only are these top-notch products, but Chalene herself is fun, easy-going, and very motivational.  In almost all her programs, Chalene enlists her friend, Toni Beier-Cook.

For those of you not familiar with Toni, she's a background exerciser in CLX and TF, and a mother of 7 kids.  Yes, you heard right.  Seven kids.

 As a careered background exerciser, she should be fit and toned, but 7 kids?  Damn!

                                                       That's what a mom of 7 kids looks like.

If that wasn't shocking enough, the woman is amazingly gorgeous to boot.  Gorgeous enough for consideration to grace her presence on my list of all-time beautiful woman with the likes of Monica Bellucci, Raquel Welch, and Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Besides looking damn good, I think what I find motivating about her is her ability to balance domestic life with a solid career (she also works public relations at Chalene's company, Powder Blue Productions).

Since her oldest child is almost 18, she obviously isn't some 20-something ingénue who has youth on her side when it comes to maintaining that body.  I think this helps ease my fears about getting older.  I know I'm only 25, but since we live in culture that worships and obsesses over youth, even a 25-year-old can feel her clock ticking, or worse, already past her "best by" date.

Sure she probably has good genes on her side and her profession requires her to look good, but I feel Toni can be an inspiration to all of us.  I definitely look forward to exercising with her every time I pop a TF or CLX workout into my DVD player.

                                                                Toni, you are a goddess and my fitness hero.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toni is my eldest sister, and I just wanted to say I appreciate the lovely things you wrote about her. Occasionally I've come across people who don't believe she's really a mother of seven and say really cruel things, and it's always frustrating to me. For the record, it's all true, and on top of everything else, she's a kind person and a great mother. Glad she's been an inspiration to you. She's about 20 years older than me, and I look to her for motivation too!

Liz said...

I wrote that post about a year and a half ago and I still find Toni inspiring! I am revisiting Chalean Extreme and she is still a wonderful presence to exercise alongside.

I am sorry to hear that people say cruel things about her...I can't understand why anyone would? What's there to hate? I mean, yes, she is beautiful and fit-- there will always be catty, insecure people out there. However, Chalene always boasts about surrounding herself with wonderful, positive people and it should come as no surprise that she enlists Toni as part of her team.

Just remember, the vocal minority might squeak the loudest, but they don't represent all of us. I think Toni is inspiration to more people than she realizes. ;)

Thanks for reading my blog!

kwells81 said...

She is amazing! I'm a new mom of one (so far) and wow - I have no excuses if she can look that damn good after seven kids! Do you have any more information on her, like before pictures or anything else besides her FB page? I sent a friend request but I realize she's REALLY busy so it may be a while before she accepts me. Thank you for the motivation to keep going!

Liz said...

Unfortunately, I don't have any more information on her, but I imagine you could try emailing Power Blue Productions, where she and Chalene work, to get more info.

Congrats on the new baby and keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Excercise and obviously a lot of plastic surgery helps.

Liz said...

Why the anonymity? Surely you would have enough conviction behind your comment that you wouldn't be afraid to hide your identity. ;-)

Cherryblue said...

plastic surgery on what? her face looks natural and plastic surgery makes your body look inflated not toned and muscly! she has clearly worked hard lifting weights, working out and looking after herself. Anyone who claims that a body like that is the result of plastic surgery doesn't have the first clue about training hard and sculpting muscle. Toni is an inspiration for us all so stop hating and making false assumptions!

Anonymous said...

Toni had not had plastic surgery to look this way. Assuming this is Carrie or Nani, you two need to grow up. She’s a beast in the gym, a dedicated amazing mother and a wonderful human.

To the author of this post, as Toni’s cousin, her family loves what you wrote about her and she inspires all of us! 💗

Anonymous said...

Can’t speak for Carrie, but I wrote the nice post earlier in the thread actually