Sunday, November 21, 2010

My plantar fasciitis is killing me

So awhile back I bragged about my new pair of Nikes and how they should have been the end-all, be-all of cross-trainers.  While they are a great pair of shoes and have helped me a lot, I can't help but feel as if I'm doomed to be stuck in plantar fasciitis hell for the rest of life.


As I type this, I am suppressing the pain from not one, but two flare ups.  For past 6 months or so, I have had consistent pain in the heel of my left foot, near the inside arch.  As of the past few days, I now have pain in the heel of my right foot, near--you guessed it--the inside arch.

The odd thing about plantar fasciitis and flare ups are that they never truly bother you (or at least me) the most when walking long distances or doing high-impact exercises, but rather when you are trying to go to sleep or just lounging around.

The funny thing is it hasn't stopped me from exercising intensely (the pain goes numb after awhile), but it does make it harder for me to fall asleep or even concentrate at times.

I'm not sure at this point what to do, but I don't want to give up my exercising routine.  I suppose I should just stick it out and worry about it when I get older.  I may have terrible foot problems in my 40s, but at least I'll look good from ankles up, right?

No comments: