Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Not all food is created equally

In my last blog, I talked about how my love for almost all foods is sometimes my downfall in terms of dieting and trying to stay healthy. 

Well, I'd also like to mention that I have no love the McDonalds franchise and that monstrosity of a sandwich known as the McRib.


Seriously, why is there is such a cult-like devotion to this nasty abomination?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_newsroom/20101102/bs_yblog_newsroom/the-mcrib-returns

My apologies to McRib affcionados, but that sandwich is no better than anything you can get in a hospital or school lunchroom cafeteria.  I'm trying to hold back my gag reflexes as I write this.

In a way, I'm glad places like McDonalds exists.  Between eating healthy and going the cheap and lazy route, I'll opt for the former.  Thank you McDonalds for reminding me as to why I prefer eating clean and healthy.


1 comment:

Scott Waldyn said...

Oh.... the McRib.

I don't think one could say much more than that. It's just a freakshow monster constructed of various meat parts mashed together in the shape of "ribs" - something only a descendant of Victor Frankenstein could concoct.

I don't actually see that many people at these things though. For a product that comes and goes based on "demand", I rarely see patrons "demanding" it much.