Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sometimes I wish food wasn't so fabulously delicious

When it comes to food, I make no apologies regarding my love for it.  I'm a foodie and damn proud. 

At the same time, my love affair with food is my downfall.





Unlike some people, I hate demonizing food.  It is essential for us to live and fuels our bodies to operate at their best.  It also is important to many culture and societies and is an important element in social gatherings. 

Still, I wish I had more self control when it came to food.  I could have reached my fitness goal eons ago if it hadn't been for my love affair with all foods.

So this past weekend, I managed to scarf down the following food items:

-Crab rangoons
-Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte
-Sweet potato tempura maki roll
-Volcano shrimp sushi roll
-Butter croissant
-Apple croissant
-Mini egg rolls
-Havana crab cake
-Ropa Vieja
-ceviche
-3 cocktails
-Tres leches cake
-Bountiful chunks of mushroom/onion monteray cheese
-Snickers mini bar

I guess instead of looking back, I will look forward and try to continue to push myself and work harder towards my fitness goals. 

Today I will doing Turbo Fire-Fire 30 and Tracy Anderson-Post Pregnancy.  From prior experience, these workouts have yielded me results, so now I will have to work harder at the eating healthier part to improve upon these results.

 With Thanksgiving coming up, I think I will refrain from unhealthy eating until then.  I think it is a realistic goal and it will make that Turkey Day meal all that more satisfying without feeling too much guilt.

Oh, and since I'm a glutton for punishment, I'll take one last pictorial review of all the yummy goodness I consumed this past weekend:









No comments: