Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I hope Nike holds the answers for curing my plantar fasciitis

Anyone who exercises regular or partakes in rigorous activity knows all too well what a pain in the ass plantar fasciitis can be.  It's that throbbing pain in the heel region of your foot that becomes progressively worse upon doing high impact exercise...or when you are thinking about someone you absolutely you can't stand.  Or is that just me?


I'm not one to care about brand name shoes, especially when it comes to athletic wear.  I think the last time I wore a name brand pair of snickers was when Clinton was still in offce, I weighed under 100 lbs, and I had a set of metal wires in my teeth with neon green rubber bands that glowed in the dark.  You see, I always assumed that name brands and their exorbant prices were merely the product of hype and that all shoes were equal in quality.

My stubborn streak and hotheadness prevent me from admitting when I wrong.  I come from a family of hotheads, so my stubborn streak is genetically ingrained.  My admittances to wrong doings are as frequent as visits from Halley's Comet.  But when it comes to the importance of quality athletic footwear, I WAS DEAD WRONG.  Long gone are the days of me buying $20 generic shoes from Wal-Mart.

I was at Niketown yesterday, and despite almost being scared away by the prices (running shoes for $160?!), I found a great pair of training shoes for $48.  Lo and behold, the Air Max 2010 Trainer 1 for women:  http://store.nike.com/us/en_us?sitesrc=uslp=#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-314375/pgid-310408

I've used them once and I am liking them so far.  My pf isn't exactly out of the woods just yet, but the impact on my feet has been greatly diminished.  Plus, I had no problem with my calves (I'm also a recipient of the fabulous exercise ailment known as 'tight calves'). 

Now, I have no excuses about being lazy during an Insanity workout.  On second though, that's not exactly a good thing.

No comments: