Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Bought myself a running belt....does that mean I will take up running?

One of my favorite new sites for shopping is OpenSky, which I love perusing mainly for fitness gear and other healthy living products that pique my attention and take a hit to my wallet.  I recently came across a running belt for a reasonable price....but does that mean I now have to take up running?


Well, before I pledge myself to any marathons, let me first start off and say that this little SPIbelt is a very nifty product. It's like a mini version of a fanny pack, minus the tackiness and clunky appearance. It allows you to carry all your essentials while out for a run: cellphone, keys, ID, extra cash...whatever tickles your fancy. 

I got the one with the blue zipper.


I originally bought it becuase I was tired of carrying my ginormous purse with me to my lakefront and neighborhood walks.  Believe me, nothing screams "mug me" in the city of Chicago like carrying around a big ol' purse--especially in certain areas.  I thought one of these belts would consolidate my necessities and make my overall walking experience much easier. 

While I won't be running the entire 18 mile lakefront trail anytime soon, I suppose as the weather starts cooling down in the coming weeks, I'll start off with some power walking. Maybe then it will turn into a brisk jog.  If it turns into a full out run...well....let's not think too far ahead of ourselves,  Baby steps, people, baby steps.

In the meantime, let's all enjoy the final days of summer, shall we.  Cheers!

No comments: