Sunday, February 26, 2012

The next 28 weeks

Although I have had some ups and downs this year so far, upon taking an introspective look, I am going to make the best out of the next 28 weeks.


Let's face it.  We all make fitness goals that put us in this ridiculous scenario where we pledge to get in shape in x amount of weeks/months before a big event.  In most cases, we have very little time left and find ourselves succumbing to extreme dieting, such as lemonade detoxes or only eating broccoli and chicken all day long. We either fold or barely make it our goals...and end up miserable at said event.  But hey, we sure as hell look good, right?

I don't want that to be me.

As of tomorrow, I will start a 28-week (roughly 7 months) plan to get myself back into shape and achieve numerous fitness goals. Essentially, I would measure myself and reassess my fitness levels every 4 weeks.  The rotations will last anywhere from 4-8 weeks, though I may find myself doing some activities for much longer (i.e. yoga).

And of course cleaning eating and the occasional snobbish splurge will be thrown into the mix.

My goals will relate to fitness activities and milestones (looking forward to doing 100 pushups eventually), but I'd be lying if I didn't admit to some vanity goals as well.  While I am looking forward to doing an unassisted pullup, I would also love to drop a few inches, lbs, and dress sizes.  I also be unabashed about sharing my progress with you in terms of all of the above.

Yes, I want to be stronger and look good while doing it!

Tomorrow, I will post my first rotation with some notes added.  I also updated my tracker page.  In the meantime, I hope you all start your week off with a bang.

Cheers! 


No comments: