Saturday, February 4, 2012

Ther goes my trap...again

I'm less than a week into the P90x rotation and I have injured my trapezius muscle for the 4th time in 2 years.



This is beyond disappointing for me because this is the first time in almost a year that I felt I could start a rotation and finish it.  I was thoroughly enjoying myself.  This is such a major bummer and setback for me.

It all began on Wednesday, after doing the Shoulder and Arms workout.  I noticed a slight aggravation in my left trap, but decided to ignore it.  Stupid move!  Things seemed to get better with Yoga X yesterday, but in the middle of the lower body workout today, I just knew I had stop before it got worse. 

I just don't know what it is, but me + weighted workouts =/= success.  I even noticed a few moments of aggravation during Jillian Michaels rotation, and I hadn't used anything heavier than 8lb dumb bells.  Funny enough, I never have this problem with body weight workouts.

Luckily for me, I stopped the rotation before the trap got worse.  I think resting it out this weekend will help.  I am going to have to go back to the drawing board and devise a rotation based on cardio and body weight exercises.  As I was doing some of the cardio assigned with P90x--which does not aggravate me, btw-- it did make me long for Turbo Fire. 

Maybe I will have to create a Turbo Fire rotation and find a weight to throw in some resistance training that doesn't bother me.  Until then, all I can say is "ouch!"




No comments: