Monday, February 13, 2012

It's time to expand my collection

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I am due a bit of money soon and plan to spend it on some more fitness goodies.  Oh, except I already made purchases prematurely.


I got a little giddy and jumped the gun there, but I am pretty excited for my new purchases.  First up is Sculpt Dynamics from the ubiquitous Sylwia Wiesenberg.  She is the creator of Tonique, LLC, a fitness program designed to give you an ass of steel.  No seriously!  If you can survive her everlasting lunges, squats, leg lifts and butt pulses, your lower body should be rockin. 


For those of you not familiar with her method, some of it may seem odd, but I find that Sylwia is particularly talented at putting new twists on functional fitness moves.  My ass is burning just thinking about it.

My other purchase is the Weider X-Factor: ST 60 Day Workout Plan.  While I have to admit that I broke my resolution to not purchase any systems for awhile, for that price I could not resist!  The best part about the program is that is mostly body weight exercises and requires no equipment (although it does come with those pushup support thingys).

The reason I particularly decided to purchase this set was the recent admission to myself that I am not in good shape.  After my P90x debacle and even a few close calls when I resumed Turbo Fire, I realized that I need to scale back and rebuild my fitness base.  There is no shame in being an intermediate for awhile.

Hope everyone started their week off on the right foot.  Cheers! 

No comments: