Saturday, March 3, 2012

Update on my pre-spring rotation

I have been visibly absent this week due to a busy schedule, but after playing around with some workouts, I have decided on rotation.


As you may have noticed on this blog, I have started Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis more times than I can count.  It's not that I don't like the program or the concept in itself, but rather, I just don't like the rotation as it is written.  More specifically, I hate her cardio!

I also have a fear of losing strength...after all, Ms Tracy said her method doesn't allow you to lift any more than 3lbs.  And in the past, against her judgement, I have combined her method with other weight training and cardio workouts.  The end result?  I got the best of both worlds!

So I have decided to use Tracy's Meta Omnicentric schedule as written, but only do the toning portion.  For cardio, I plan to do circuit training.  Yes, circuit training.  It may sound like overkill, but I find that if I never exceed using more than 10lb weights, my muscles don't feel overworked and I am getting a cardio workout first and foremost.  I don't lose--in fact I can make gains--but it comes secondary to the cardio component. 

So what DVDs will I be using?  I will combine Jillian (can't get enough of her as of late), Jackie Warner, Tonique method, Bob Harper and whatever else I find sitting in my collection.  On some days, I may feel like adding in Kettlebell training. 

After I finish the Omni set based on the 90-day rotation (9 workouts done over a period of 10 days each), I will evaluate from there if I want to continue with continuity (I have Glutecentric for this) or if I want to move on to something else.  These intitial 90 days, or course, are only the beginning of a 28-week challenge to improve my fitness and change my lifestyle. 

I have also added my current (and not so pretty) measurements in the progress section (originally rotation tracker section).  I will try to updating this section ever 4 weeks in hopes of recording some gains. 

Look forward to these wonderful changes.  Cheers!

No comments: