Sunday, January 1, 2012

Updates on January Rotation: Looks like it is all Jillian for me!

After having a little taste of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred today to prep me for my January Rotation, I think I'm slowly converting into a fan.



Okay Jillian, you've got me in the palm of your hand...now what?  Well, it looks like I will be doing all Jillian for the month of January.  All I can say is ouch, I'm gonna be sore!

I mentioned in my resolutions blog how I would keep it simple by balancing 2-3 DVDS at a time, but I would also change that a bit if I had a theme for the month (.i.e all DVDS from one instructor or all DVDS from a particular method or type of workout).  Since Jillian is her own classification, I'd say it wouldn't hurt to juggle my collection of hers for January to see what type of results that yields.


My schedule would look something like this:
Monday-Ripped in 30
Tuesday-6 week six-pack
Wednesday-No More Trouble Zones
Thursday-Yoga Meltdown
Friday-30 Day Shred
Saturday-My Choice
Sunday-Rest


I know this might look like overtraining to some, but since Jillian is light weights and mixes aerobic activity, I don't feel as guilty.  I also realize that Jillian's workouts are meant to be progressed into levels, but I may jump around just to shock my body (i.e. doing level 1 for 30 Day Shred one week, but maybe skipping to level 3 the following week).  If I like this rotation and want to continue on, I will opt to progress as she advises.

Let's see what Jillian can do for my body
 I think the main reason I decided on this last minute was looking at my collection and realizing how many DVDs or methods or systems I have and not letting them show me what they can do for my body.  It's not to say I wouldn't have yielded results mixing Jillian with Tracy or Turbo Fire, but it would nice to know specifically what type of workouts my body responds to and which ones to avoid.

I think a month is sufficient enough to evaluate the results.  No, you won't look like a supermodel, but you will be able to starting seeing the difference, but most importantly, feel the difference.

Also, I will be updating my progress on the Rotation Tracker page.  Check in tomorrow to see my first round of measurements for the year. 


Let's all start 2012 with a bang!  Cheers!

No comments: