Sunday, January 15, 2012

Extending the Jillian rotation (sorta)

Love her or hate, Jillian Michaels has the reputation of being "America's Toughest Trainer."


Okay, I roll my eyes too at the thought.  But with all honestly, I am enjoying rotating her workouts.  They are quick, to the point and definitely a nice challenge.  I am considering extending my use of her into the month of February.

Mind you, I am still working on consistency and that damn thing called diet, but when I do get around to popping in a Jillian workout, I am always pleased with the quality of time spent on a good workout.

I have enjoying Jillian and her circuit training type of format so much, I want to spend at least the next month, if not longer, doing her workouts...as well some other workouts as well.  Yup, Jillian's got company.

The thing is, I have a lot of circuit workouts that I really enjoyed doing, but get left untouched.  Also considering the fact that I enjoy circuit training/Aerobic weight training/ballistic training/metabolic training so much, I should be doing them more often. 

Some of my favs include: Atletica, Rushfit, Tonique, Travel Fit and Lean Hot Body.  And these are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.  I am pretty sure I own a helluva lot more!  However, now that I think about it, I am kicking myself for trading away Hollywood Bootcamp 4x4!

Patrick Goudeau's Lean Hot Body

Along with Jillian (and a new Jackie Warner purchase), why don't I find a way to incorporate all of these into a rotation for awhile to get maximum results?  I mean you got the strength training part, you have the cardio and you most certainly have the endurance aspect covered.  I would be a fool not to, right?

Naturally, I am going to have to rest in between days, so I will have to find another form of exercise to bide my time in between.  Barre?  Yoga?  Kickboxing?  Dance aerobics?

There is still two weeks left of the month, so I want to stay focus with Jillian and not get carried planning my next rotation.  So far now, it will be Jillian barking at me onscreen, making me do pushups until I cry.  Awesome.

Cheers!









No comments: