Friday, December 30, 2011

January Rotation

With one day left before 2011 is over, it is time to get myself back into fitness mode.


 Like any person vowing to up their fitness as a New Year's resolution, I will treat January as a fresh start on the road to my fitness journey.  Luckily for me, since I already have an established fitness past, I feel I can push myself a little harder than if I were starting from scratch.  At the same, I will need to take baby steps.

I find that there is no one more apt to getting people back into shape than Jillian Michaels.  Yup, I said Jillian.  Love her or hate her, she has a reputation for success.   Besides getting the job done, she's great with time constraints.  I will be adding her Get Ripped in 30 to my workout schedule 3 days a week.

Although Jillian's workouts add a cardio component to her workouts, I still would like to add an additional 15-30 minutes of cardio, mainly HIIT.  This is where my Turbo Fires come into play.  HIIT often gets applauded this great tool for fat loss, but I find that it is excellent for increasing cardio capacity.  I will be doing this 2x/week. 

At the moment, I don't want too much intensity in my schedule, but I still want something that gets the job done.  I will be adding Tracy Anderson's Mat on the other 3 days I am not doing Jillian or Turbo Fire.  As much as I would love to do a Meta rotation, I feel it would be too mentally exhausting and tiring for me right now.  Once the discipline is built back in, I will consider longer rotations.

So here is an idea of what my week might look like:

Monday-Ripped in 30/Turbo Fire HIIT workout
Tuesday-Tracy Anderson Mat
Wednesday-Ripped in 30
Thursday-Mat
Friday-Ripped in 30/Turbo Fire HIIT
Saturday-Mat
Sunday-rest

I will also take measurements to track my progress.  This definitely a learning experience for as I will understand what type of exercise works for my body and what doesn't.  I am definitely looking forward to a fresh start after a rotten year.


Have a Happy and Safe New Year's!









No comments: