Monday, May 30, 2011

Where did the motivation go?

Even though it is (almost) summer, I just haven't found the motivation to workout (or blog).




I'd be lying if I said I wasn't stressed at moment.  Or even depressed.  My life is in a transitional period, and while a transitional period is better than nothing, it always makes me question if everything I have been doing for the past 6 1/2 years has been worth it.  Not meaning to sound cryptic, but I think I will just leave it at that.

Quite frankly, I need some serious cheering up.

The bigger picture here is is that I'm finding exercise more of a hassle than a benefit.  Lately, I have been struggling to find the time and motivation to exercise.  On top of that, my food choices have been less than stellar.  In the past, when I needed to get out of this type of plateau, I changed up my exercise routine or treated myself to a new workout or piece of workout equipment.  Unfortunately, this remedy stopped working some time ago.

I'm wondering if there are voids in other aspects of my life that need filling, but honestly I don't know how I could even start to address this?  That thing called time has eluded me these past few weeks.  How am I going to work on improving my social life when I don't have time for one?  I barely get enough sleep at night as is.

I'm also shocked and in admiration for how other women do it.  I mean I don't have to worry about balancing family and work life (yet), so I'm baffled as to how some women seem to have it all while still making time to get in shape.  Is there some kind of formula or magical spell I don't know about, ladies?

Well, I hope everyone is enjoying their additional day off from work.  In the meantime, I have to go searching for my lost motivation...and maybe even my sanity.  Cheers!

2 comments:

LDY_SOLANA said...

I feel you there!!! When I finished my semester I just felt BLAH! I went from overworked with school to overwhelmed with housework. I have done workouts sporadically. Days I don't workout I am doing something like yard work or walking, but the last few days have been harsh. Been blaming on being tired but I too think it's something else. My daughter just finished school and that is another factor. Let's hope to pull out of this!!! Although I think some 70 or 80 instead of 90+ degree weather would be a help LOL.

Liz said...

Thanks! Sometimes these ruts just happen and you just have to let them pass. I guess my biggest fear is this turns into the norm and I become what I was years ago when I barely exercised and ate whatever I saw.