Friday, April 29, 2011

On my own

Taking a cue from Zuzana of Body Rock fame, I am started to venture out on my own and create my own workouts.

Lately I have been feeling a bit of exercise burnout.  I know I can contribute a lot of it to my current situation.  I am about to graduate from grad school tomorrow and am in the middle of an intense job search.  Instead of feeling like I making a full transition though, I kinda feel more like I'm stuck in limbo.  I know this will eventually pass, but my commitment and effort when it comes to exercising are taking a hit.

I'm still loving the barre and can't wait to try Asylum, as well as Patrick Godeau's Lean Hot Body (acquired it in a trade), but I feel like a need some extra oomph in my routine.  I have been perusing the Body Rock website these past few weeks and am really intrigued by the idea of short, intense body weight workouts.

I have always admired Zuzana, the website's co-creator and face of the site.  She has a great attitude, warm personality, fantastic physique, and has held her head high in spite of her past discretions (I won't go there).  I also like that with a little hard work and a ton effort, she demonstrates that short and intense workouts are effective.

While I am not following the workouts and the recommended schedules religiously, I am loving all the unique exercises and variations Zuzana and her husband present on their site (and with little to no equipment).  Along with diet tips and a supportive community, I have been getting some great information.

Even though Body Rock has been a great source of inspiration, I'm loving the idea of doing it myself.  This past week I have been doing my own circuit workouts, similar to the ones on Body Rock, and think I can sustain this type of routine for the summer.  Not only is it a great challenge for my body, mentally it has been extremely stimulating and dare I say...fun.


 I also am looking to take my  body to the next level, which will also be assisted by a great diet.  I will keep everyone posted on my progress.


Have a good weekend!  Cheers!

No comments: