Sunday, April 24, 2011

It was just one of those weeks

Have you ever been through such a stressful week that you couldn't get much done, including your normal fitness regiment?




For me it was just one of THOSE weeks.  You know, the one were you worked out, but you were phoning it in.    You tell yourself, "why did I even bother?"  Hours-wise, it was my usual, but intensity-wise, I was barely giving it  my all.  I had too much stress going on in my life that I allowed it to affect me mentally while I was exercising.

Then there is the overeating aspect.  Yes, it was a holiday (today), but that is still no excuse to eat to the point of overconsumption.  I am pretty sure I freely enjoyed cake, chips and dip, Starbucks galore, candy, and tons (and I mean tons) of these babies: http://images.bizrate.com/resize?sq=300&uid=2036932460 -->Man, they are so good...they would become an addiction if I didn't ban them from my kitchen.  Unfortunately, my parents do not share the same policy in their kitchen.

But you know what?  I can't let this bother me too much because I have accomplished so much in the past year-and-a-half since becoming a fitness junkie.  Why let one lousy week get me down?

Tomorrow is a new day: I have my workout planned, my fridge is stocked full of healthy eats, and I'll be ready to tackle it with a positive outlook.  But hell, why start tomorrow?  In fact, I put my foot down in regards to the unhealthy eating, have been drinking tons of water, and am planning to hit the sheets early tonight for some serious beauty rest.

The moral of the story here is that no matter how much of a detriment you think you have caused to your fitness goals, just move forward.  There is no need to dwell on the past.  While it is good to plan for the future, it is even better to start right now.  Don't tell yourself there is always tomorrow when today isn't even over yet.

That is all!  Have a good week!

1 comment:

RedPanda said...

Almond Pecan Cashew Clusters? Nom, nom, nom... If it's any consolation, I would have eaten them all too!