Sunday, April 10, 2011

It's absolutely criminal!

As of right now, it is about 79 degrees in Chicago, sunny weather and all, and I'm stuck inside.




This is unacceptable for a fitness junkie to not take advantage of this situation, but unfortunately for me, fitness is not my only calling.

You see, I am also a graduate student and I am approximately 3 weeks away from obtaining my MPA (Masters in Public Administration).  From now, until those three weeks are over, I have a lot of crap to get done.  This might mean cutting into my exercise schedule.  *Sighs*

In the long-run this will all pay off and I will look back on this experience with positive feelings.  But damn it, I really want to go for a run or a nice brisk walk on the Lake front!

In the meantime, I will have to create a small rotation of short, efficient workouts to get me through these coming weeks, and aim to workout 5 days/week.  I will also have to pay closer attention to my diet since it will also provide fuel and energy for me get through this hectic time.  No stress eating here!

For all of you who get to take advantage of such beautiful weather, oh how I envy you!


This is where I would rather be right now.

2 comments:

LDY_SOLANA said...

i am with you! well not nearing my degree but its the final weeks and i have two tests this week, have to start laying out project (instead of written test we do a presentation for nutrition) and my dh has to work BOTH jobs the next 3 days >:(. sometimes we just have to fit in what we can. i usually break it up between study breaks with a shorter workout in the morning. we can do this!

Liz said...

It's amazing how we manage to survive these crazy, hectic times! I just finished my capstone course this evening (or should I say, last night), but I still have a group project, a leadership evaluation paper, and an online final exam to finish. I have to say I have been diligent about planning food ahead of time and bringing my lunch and dinner to work/class. I also like that my workout time, although shortened, gets straight to the point. No screwing around, just in and out, then in the shower. We are almost there! good luck with everything!