Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The last 12 weeks of the year

I apologize for my absence and if this blog post seems a little...rusty.


Where did we last leave off?  Ah, yes--I was infatuated with JNL Fusion.   I believe I followed the rotation for close to 4 weeks before allowing life to get in the way...again.  Regardless, I hadn't entirely given up on exercise, it just became a more sporadic activity throughout my busy weeks. 

So I went out of town with a friend over the weekend--the lovely city of Madison, WI in fact--and my friend pointed out that this week marks the last full 12 weeks of the year.  Most (normal) people would think about how fast this year went by, start thinking about the upcoming holiday season or thinking forward to 2013, but me?  I realized it was my last chance to do a full 90-day rotation for the year.  Yup, I was thinking about 90-day rotations and exercise systems.

When I got back from my trip, I immediately spent time trying to evaluate which system I should be forcing myself to do try.  P90x?  Chalean Extreme?  Supreme 90?  TapouT XT? Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis?  Then I remembered the one person who got me through the beginning of this year: Jillian Michaels. 

Yup.  I decided to finish out the year with Jillian Michaels Body Revolution.  I came to this conclusion for two reasons: 1.) Jillian's format is really quick and efficient and 2.) it compliments JNL enough to where I can tack on the workouts and still say I finished the JNL rotation.  JNL and Jillian together?  I know it sounds like overkill, but it surprisingly works.  JNL workouts tend to focus on certain body parts and so does Body Revolution.  For instance, Jillian's system tends to split between two strength workouts throughout a 2-week cycle, with one day focusing on shoulders, triceps, chest, quads...and the other day might focus on back, biceps, hamstrings and glutes.  If I went a little extra focus on my biceps, I can pop in JNL's Bicep Builder workout on the day my Body Revolution workout is doing biceps and voila!

I am already in the middle of week 1 and even with the sporodic weeks of minimal amounts of exercise, Body Revolution was surprisingly not that hard...so far.  I have previewed phase 3, which entails the last 4 weeks (workouts 9-12) and they look crazy ridiculous---I am talking acrobatically out of my league!  How the hell I am going to manage?!  Well, I will make sure to blog when the time rolls around.  For now, though, the first phase or 2 seems pretty manageable and adding on JNL workouts to up the anti makes sense.

So now let's hope I stay on the wagon....

Cheers!




No comments: