Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Starting over

So today was the first day I had exercised in 3 months.




I know 3 months is not a long time for some people, but for me it felt like another lifetime.  It was a time when I was much happier and not managing the level of stress I am now.  I used so many excuses as a crutch for abandoning my exercise routine, but today affirmed something I have known for ages: I need exercise.

I can overlook the extra poundage I acquired since it isn't affecting my overall health and only stands in the way of my vanity.  What I really need exercise for, besides good health, is for my own personal sanity.  Not only do I feel good, but I make better choices when I exercise regularly.  I eat better.  I sleep better.  I allocate my time and schedule better.

After breaking through an emotional plateau today, I can honestly say I feel great.  No, it doesn't solve all my problems and world hunger doesn't go away, but it is honestly one of the best "first steps" I have made in awhile.  Today's workout lifted my spirits...as well as the Pumpkin Spice Latte I had today.  Go Chicago for winning the competition Starbucks held on Facebook!  Everyone else has to wait until next week...ha!

So what workout(s) incurred my interest to break my plateau?  I did TA's Metamorphosis (Hipcentric 1), followed by Turbo Fire (Fire 30).  Ah, my old standbys.  Not only were they a pleasure to be reacquainted with, but I feel a sudden urge to do them in a proper rotation.  Yes, you heard right.  I plan to follow the Meta rotation for Hipcentric and mix up my cardio with Turbo Fire, TA's dance cardio, and maybe even some Kettlebell training thrown in the mix.

But let's not get too carried away.  We will see where this goes.  First and foremost, I need to concentrate on the exercise part.  Baby steps, my fellow fitness junkies.

Cheers!

No comments: