Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The accidental expert on celebrity fitness

Hello my fellow fitness junkies.  It has been so long that my keyboard was starting to collect dust.  Yes, life continues to keep me away from my passions, but I haven't thrown in the towel just yet.

While reacquainting myself with this blog, I noticed something odd about where I was receiving hits from.




Apparently, you can find a link to my blog from: howcelebritiesloseweight.com.  I find this most intriguing considering I do not know how or why this would occur?  Am I the newest expert in celebrity fitness?

If you notice, I have provided a link to that same website on this blog.  I'll admit, I have a strange obssession with reading about the diet and exercise regiments of the famous and beautiful.  For me, it is the equivalent of reading tawdry romance novels.  It's titillating and vacuously fascinating, but you have to realize at the same time that it is not grounded in reality.

Celebrities do all sorts of kooky and macabre things in the hopes of striving for the perfection.  Every time I read about some celeb's "get fit" regiment, it either involves them spending countless hours in the gym and going a diet of persimmons (Magaret Cho reference), or they have their trainers give watered down tips on weight loss and chock their client's physical perfection to genetics.  For me, reading about it is juicier than the gossip pertaining to who is sleeping around and who might be in the closet.  I don't give a damn about your sex life...but I do like reading about your diet!

At the same time, I feel this creates too much pressure to the impressionable and insecure who look at celebrity status as a marker of success.  I can only hope people are able to take everything they read about Hollywood with a grain of salt.  While I find it funny that my blog can be found as a resource on a website dedicated to celebrity fitness, I warn everyone to proceed with caution.

So next time you read about the latest fitness trend in Hollywood or what diet some ingenue went out to get her sleek physique, think of me...and laugh.  As an "expert" in celebrity fitness, my best advice is to do what is best for your health, love yourself and tell Hollywood to go *beep* itself.

Now if only I can score a book deal...

1 comment:

RedPanda said...

I think I know why your blog became linked to celebrity fitness. It's because that chick in the blue leggings on your masthead looks exactly like the late Princess Diana!