Saturday, September 10, 2011

A wake up call for my diet

Lately I have noticed that I've been having problems digesting indulgent foods.  Every time I enjoy a splurge meal or a treat, I become extremely ill.

Yes, I know...I should be eating healthy anyways.  While I have been trying maintain a balanced diet, my hectic schedule has made this a little harder for me.  Naturally, I'm indulging a little more than usual.

While it has lead to a small 5-7lb weight gain, the wake up call for me has been the drastic changes in my health. I'm feeling tired and sluggish more often; my stress levels are through the roof; my hair and nails are becoming more brittle; I'm struggling to concentrate; my sleep patterns have been affected; my stamina has diminished greatly...I could go on and on, but let's just say I've seen overall drops in performance and energy.  The biggest problem I'm beginning to encounter is an onslaught of malevolent symptoms every time I enjoy something indulgent.

I'm going to have cut this out of my diet for awhile.
  I don't want to go down a path of sharing TMI, but I have been noticing severe stomach pains, extreme nausea, fatigue and other unmentionables associated with an upset stomach.  Worse though, I also suffer from headaches, hot flashes, a slight fever and even cold sweats.  

I'm sure you are wondering what types of foods or how much food I must be eating to get these obtains?  Quite frankly, I'm eating a cheeseburger here and a doughnut there.  While I'd like to personally cut down the number of times I indulge in a month (anywhere from 5-7), I'm still worried as to why I am seeing these symptoms.

I can't help but wonder why my body has been rejecting junk food so violently?  Is it more than I can handle?  Is it maybe the ingredients?  Is there a possible food allergy involved?  Regardless,  I'm taking it as a wake up call to clean up my diet considerably.

For now, it's 98% clean eating for me and indulgences must be sparse and on rare occasions. 

 Hope everyone is enjoying their last days of summer.  Cheers!

No comments: