Sunday, September 18, 2011

One week left

And so the final countdown begins.


As you may have noticed from my gripes and sparse blog posting, I have been extremely busy with two internships this past summer.  Quite frankly, I'm tired and worn out.

One internship in particular really took a beating on me emotionally and even physically.  I'm not going into the specifics of the situation, but as I previously indicated, my once good (not great) exercise and eating habits took a hit.  The stress really took a toll on my health.

Thankfully, I have one week left and I am hoping to revert back to my better health habits.  I figure better now than never.  I am hoping to drop a few lbs and shape a bit before the end of the year hits.  As I indicated in my NY's resolutions (oh how long ago that was), I wanted to be healthy by year's end.  I don't want 2012 to hit and for me to continue making fitness-related resolutions I can follow through with.

I'm trying to work out a schedule that allows me to combine barre, Tracy Anderson and yoga.  I'm beginning to think my HIIT and heavy weight days are through, but I'd still like to find ways to stay in the best shape I possibly can.

I've also come to the conclusion and have to learn to accept that I will never be an AM exerciser.  Never.  I suppose as long as I get my workout done by 8pm, this will work for me.

On a more positive note, I saw the movie "Warrior" this weekend and besides being really good, it made me crave some MMA circuit training and cardio.  I better brush up on my George St. Pierre workout.  I really liked that one when I tried it.

He's on the right, if you couldn't tell.  
Oh, and I think I have a new little crush.  Tom Hardy--being the hot shot up-and-comer--has been getting the most attention for the film, but I fell in love with Joel Edgerton.  Hardy and Edgerton play estranged brothers, both down on their luck, train to be MMA fighters.  As cliched as it sounds, they both end up fighting each other in the championship.  It's a wonderful film though, and the entire cast, including Nick Nolte, give phenomenal performances.

It's definitely one of those films that does a good job staying true and accurate with the sport it is dealing with.  Both Edgerton and Hardy gained MMA-related injuries working on the film.  I loved too how realistic their bodies looked, instead of looking like buff pretty boys (I still love you, Chris Hemsworth!).

But Joel caught my eye from the get-go.  He's not the most conventionally handsome man alive, but he has this unique allure and appeal that I just cannot explain.  He's fantastic as an actor and I hope to see him in more films.  The best part about him?  He's Australian.  There is something about those Aussie boys--sans Sam Worthington.  Each one is sexier and more talented than the next (besides Sam Worthington).

If you couldn't already tell, I really don't like Sam Worthington.

Have a good week!







1 comment:

Jim said...

Welcome back to blogging. I just jumped back into it myself after being absent from it for almost a month now. Sorry to hear that one internship really grinded on you. That's one thing I'll never understand: how people are able to somehow work an internship unpaid and still sustain themselves. Anyway, hope the the new workout regimen works out for you.