Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A non-fitness blog post

Hello all.  As you may know, I'm stuck in these transitional phase and I'm doing that thing called...what is it again?  Ah yes, finding myself.  Anyway, in the midst of finding myself I'm currently doing work for a small, but wonderful performing arts nonprofit in Chicago.



Since last April, I have been the marketing intern for the Chicago Danztheatre Ensemble.  They are a wonderful organization the fuses dance, theater, poetry and other disciplines to create socially conscious performances.  On top of putting together top-notch productions, they provide programs for at-risk youth.  About 90% of the youth they serve are living in poverty or crime-ridden neighborhoods.

Unfortunately, CDE doesn't have a lot of money to work with.  In this struggling economy, it gets harder and harder to create quality productions and provide these services to at-risk youth.

I'd like to tell you about our latest production, Mirrors, based on the work of the poet Rumi.  Although it is too incredible to describe, I'd call it a fusion of theater, dance, poetry and video to bring Rumi's work to life.

As part of this production, we need to raise $3,000 to cover costs and match a certain amount in order to receive a grant.  To some organizations, that is peanuts, but to us, it is a lot of money.  Below, I'm enclosing links for those of you interested in helping us achieve our amount.


Remember, even something as small as $5 can make a difference!  I know, I sound like a PSA...



No comments: