Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The inevitable has happened....

...I have gained weight--and I mean a lot of weight.


This honestly isn't surprising considering a.) I haven't worked out in a while and b.) I eat whatever and whenever I like.  I can't be entirely angry at the situation since I only have myself to blame.  I guess what makes the situation a little worse is that I was in a wedding this past weekend and I was easily the chubbiest bridesmaid.  I know it wasn't suppose to be about me that day, but I'm dreading the pictures when they develop in the coming weeks.

For the life of me, I cannot get a consistent workout schedule that works for me.  Since I'm always doing something I would deem productive at all hours of the day--job hunting, doing marketing for my dance theatre company, freelance work, working on starting a business with a friend--it is hard to find just a solid 30-60 minutes to devote to exercise--plus another 30-45 min to shower and primp myself properly.

Since my overwhelming "intelligence" (studies back me up on this) and rebellious attitude keep me up at all hours of the night, I'm exhausted come early morning.  By afternoon and early evening, I'm too engrossed in a project to want to break away and pump some iron.  I just cannot win.

For right now, I'm trying to clean up my eating habits since diet is a.) 90% of the battle and b.) the source of energy that will reawaken my desire to exercise again.  It's really hard to want to cook or prepare anything for yourself when you spend too many hours of the day working and fretting over your future.  Take out might not  lead me down the career path I desire, but it's a nice short-term fix for my stress cravings.  But I cannot keep answering my stress cravings with sushi, crab rangoons and falafel.

In less than two weeks, I will be moving to a new apartment that will loads cheaper and much roomier, which includes a nice, spacious kitchen.  I'm hoping this change of space will mentally motivate to get moving and encourage me to start cooking more often.  I'm really looking forward to it.

If I could salvage any fitness goals I made in January, I'm hoping to start exercise consistently and eating healthy again by this weekend--which will also be the my last trip to the Division St farmers market.  By the wns of the year, I hope to have a good head start on my journey to fitness and weight loss.

God knows I need to wake up January 1st, take a glance in the mirror, and make more asinine resolutions that I cannot handle.  Ugh, it's already upsetting that the year is almost over...

Anyway, cheers!


No comments: