Monday, February 11, 2013

Healthy, gluten-free, two-ingredient pancakes...and they actually taste good!

After having a moment of relapse in the midst of my "no refined carbohydrate" challenge for the month of February, I have rebounded with these fantastic pancake recipe I found online...and I am addicted!


Late night over this past weekend, I came across the Youtube channel for online fitness personality and blogger, Cassey Ho.  She runs a website titled Blogilates and she is quite the cute, upbeat and quirky one.  While watching one of her workouts, she mentioned a 2 ingredient pancake recipe, consisting of eggs and a banana.  Yup, just two ingredients!  It definitely got me to run over to her website.


Courtesy of Cassey Ho and Blogilates, here is this fabulous two-ingredient, gluten-free recipe:

Ingredient list:

1.) One ripe banana

2.) Two eggs


Instructions:

Mix ingredients into a bowl and make sure the banana is fully mashed into the mixture, creating the consistency of a wet pancake batter (I use my Vitamix to make this an easier process).  Turn the stove on to medium to low heat, spraying your griddle or skillet with coconut oil or butter (or whatever tickles your fancy).  Ladle the batter onto the skillet(I personally measure 1/4 cup for each of my pancakes), flipping after 20-30 seconds on each side.  Serve and enjoy.   Recipe yields 4-6 pancakes medium to small-sized pancakes.

Courtesy of Blogilates.

 At about 250 calories and 13.6 grams of protein, it makes for a damn good breakfast.  The bananas add a natural sweetness to the pancakes that I often don't add anything to them, but when I do, I add a little drizzle of honey or a spread some peanut butter on the pancakes.  If you read the comment section in the original post from the Blogilates site, many readers have shared many ways to alter or add to the recipe.

As I close this post, I am off to making these mouth-watering babies for lunch.  Hope you enjoy them as much as I do. 

Cheers!





No comments: