Wednesday, December 19, 2012

That old feeling and prepping myself for the holiday season

I'm suddenly in the haphazard type of mood. Again. 


So in the middle of resuming Phase 2 of Body Revolution, two things happened to me: 1.) I realized that an impending travel to my parent's house for the holidays was going to make it hard to move a lot of much needed equipment for me to complete weeks 7&8 and 2.) My week 8 DVD stopped working...damn!  That is okay, I can learn how to improvise.  While I dealt with customer service and put off Body Revolution for another day, I got in that haphazard type of mood where I just wanted to do whatever workout I was in the mood for.  It is a good, impulsive feeling.

Oddly enough, I actually decided to make my own workout routine...who would have thought?  I took page from the JNL Fusion playbook and make my own circuits using the 30 seconds for strength/30 seconds for cardio model.  It was a helluva lot of fun and it was nice to go heavier with my weights again.  Love your workouts, Jillian, but those compound moves make it tricky to go too heavy.  Plus, the next-day DOMS was a nice touch.

I also decided that I would take the time while at my parent's house--I got the whole basement to myself!--to evaluate some of the workouts and systems I want to incorporate into my regiment for 2013, including TapouT XT, Tonique and The Weider system (never tried the levels past 3).  Besides the fact that these programs require little to no equipment, I thought taking the haphazard approach would be fun and get me in the mood to exercise during the holiday break.

 I know many people choose to fall off the wagon during the holidays and resume in time for the New Year, but I see it a little differently.  Instead of waiting until New Year's to commit to fitness resolutions that I likely won't keep, I want to swing into 2013 already in the right mindset.  Since finally having my "aha!" moment recently, I've lost 11 lbs and lost inches all over my body, including 1.5" off my waist...why throw that away for a few days of lousy parties and lousy food?  Yes, I think 80% of the food at Christmas parties sucks donkey mierda anyways, so no point in ruining my journey so far for a cheese dip made with prepackaged, processed ingredients. Yuck!

As I wrap this blog post up, I am getting ready to do another JNL-type workout I made--wohoo!  Just got get the playlist set to go and all systems a go.

Cheers!


No comments: