Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Break from blogging, but not exercising

So I may have been absent temporarily from the blogsphere, but I am happy to report that exercise has become a more consistent part of my daily routine.


No, I am not back to my 5-6 workout/week schedule, but I have been managing to get in 3-4 workouts weekly for the past month.  This is pretty monumental for me, I must say.

So what have I been doing?  I went back to what I knew best in my glory days: Chalene Extreme.  I ended up reacquiring it after trading it away months ago.  Why did I go back--hell, why did I even trade it to begin with?!  Well, when I did CLX years ago, I did notice that certain exercises in the program were irritating my back; however, since I am rebuilding my fitness base, I am finding that a lot of these moves are easier for me with lighter weights. 

The thing is, when I was at my peak strength, a lot of these moves were quite awkward and bothersome to my back.  It was often frustrating because I had the strength to do these exercises with heavier weights, yet I would have to drop down to avoid injury.  Now, since I am back to using 5-12 lbs, these moves are easier to execute, but I am still fatiguing at the right amount of reps.  I am hoping to not only rebuild my strength, but be able to do these moves with heavier weights down the line.

Of course, being the haphazard exerciser that I am, I am already tweaking the rotation and adding in my own workouts. While I was able to be faithful to the strength portion of the program for a month (hated the accompanying cardio), my antsy self is already longing to do other workouts.   I am still using many of the strength workouts, but I have other plans.  I have recently fallen in love with Jackie Warner--but more about that later.

The other good news to report is that after many years of attempts and failures--I am now a morning exerciser.  You heard right--a morning exerciser!  This was only able to happen after giving up my night owl ways.  These days, I am pretty much in bed before 11pm.  Quite frankly, my body loves it!  I am feeling more energized and days feel more productive for it.  Success!

If you haven't already noticed, I am blogging on my lunch break, just before 1pm.  In the past, I would blog late night or super-early morning. 

So anyway, back to work for me.  Hope everyone is enjoying their week.  Cheers!


No comments: