Monday, December 13, 2010

$@!# technology!

Ok, so I don't have anyone else to blame but myself, but I still curse technology.  Why?  I lost my laptop last week to an unfortunate flooding of water onto my keypad (ok, it was more like a spill) and now I am suffering major withdrawl.  I have come to realize that my dependence on technology has ruined my life...permanently!




Oddly enough, I have found myself being able to concentrate in other aspects of my life, such as reading more and being able to finish daily chores/errands on schedule.  And I must say, I have been sleeping a lot better.  I guess a break from technology isn't always a bad thing.

But as a hardcore fitness junkie, I'll always need my online fix.  I love reading blogs from fellow junkies, being enabled at videofitness.com to buy workouts I don't need, watching clips at Collage Video of all the new releases, reading (and laughing) at the reviews section on Amazon, getting tips from my favorite experts, and so on. 

It doesn't help that I recently downloaded a bunch of new workouts to stream on my computer (it saves money and alleviates the anxiety of waiting for it to come in the mail).  I just purchased Cathe's HIIT Double Wave Pyramid.  It tears the corner of my eyes a bit knowing I'll have to wait awhile before I can try that one. 

In the meantime, I wish all of you a safe and happy holiday season!  I don't think I will be blogging too much over break.  I'll be enjoying plenty of good food, a nice cushy, queen-sized bed at my parent's house, unlimited access to satellite television (love the cheesy, low-production horror films produced by the SyFy network!) and tons of R&R.

Permitting there is a solution to laptop situation, one of my New Year's resolutions is to blog more consistently and often.  Cheers to a fantastic New Year and see you all in 2011!

No comments: