Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Fitness Resolutions for 2015

So every New Year I pledge a ton of fitness resolutions that I never keep up with.  Ever.

But what the hell -- I am going to pledge more for 2015 anyway!



I was originally going to post this later in the week, but seeing as BodyShred came in the mail yesterday (and I am almost done viewing the entire set), you are all in for a treat: I will be posting a few preview posts and workout breakdowns in the coming days.  Happy belated Christmas to my readers!

But in the meantime, time to get the fitness resolutions for 2015 out of the way.  I will make this brief:

5.) Get more sleep - I am sure you are noticing a pattern here.  Every year I pledge to get that extra shut eye that I need...yet my sleep habits are still as atrociously bad as they were in college.  Sadly, it has been 6+ years since undergrad and grad school was 3+ years ago, so this just isn't an excuse anymore.  Plus, I am still adjusting to the new 9-5 job.  It is a work in progress, but when isn't it?



4.) Cook/prepare more homemade (healthy) meals - A little secret about me: I eat out more than I should.  It's not that I don't cook at all; I just don't cook enough.  I am also not the best when it comes to weekly planning.  But it's not a good enough excuse and I am old enough to know better.  Thankfully, there is no shortage of life hack advice and domestic living gurus on the Internet to help me out -- shout out to the my new favorite YouTuber, the Domestic Geek!   I might not become a salad-in-a-jar fanatic, but I definitely want to be more healthful and economical in 2015.

Still makes for a nice visual, doesn't it?


3.) Do more pushups and run more - I am perfectly able to perform numerous sets of pushups (and on my toes) and run at least 5 miles -- I just hate it!  Usually I wouldn't advocate doing exercises you hate, but these two are the exception.  For one, how am I ever going to participate in the marathon I have been pledging to do for years without putting more effort into running?  And two, pushups -- no matter how much I despise them -- are still one of the best exercises for you.  Perhaps I really don't hate them; I just see them as an obstacle I am too afraid of attempting to conquer.  Which brings me to my next resolution...

This guy is cute.



2.) Participate in a marathon - I am not making any excuses this year!  But before I run that marathon...

Hopefully this will be me next October. 


1.) Complete a workout program - P90x.  Tracy Anderson.  Insanity.  JNL Fusion.  I own them all, yet have never completed a single one.  It is so embarrassing to explain this to my friends and family -- especially after they see my DVD collection!  But I sense that come mid-March,  you will see me triumph.  And I got my girl Jillian in my corner.




Look for my preview posts starting tomorrow.  Cheers!

No comments: