Monday, October 27, 2014

The 12 Days of Halloween: Day 8

I am a little sad that this is the last full week in October -- well work week, technically -- of the year.  But let's make the most of it.


Workout of the Day: Tracy Anderson Meta - Omni, Level 1 & Cardio

Instead of waiting until next week, I plan to start back up on my Tracy Anderson rotation today.  I figured it was better to start now, versus creating a start date in the future and increase the chances of outside interferences making me put it off further.  I don't plan on staying consistent with the cardio, but I wanted to revisit it just to remember what I was or wasn't missing; sometimes, her cardio can be enjoyable, and sometimes it is insufferable.  Depends on my mood, I guess.

Treat of the Day

I am enjoying a pumpkin muffin (with a spiced glaze) from a local bakery. I am beginning to feel pumpkin-flavor fatigue, but these muffins are very good -- moist and balances the sweetness and the spice factor very well.  Plus, tastes great paired with a chai latte.


 
 
Song of the Day: Werewolves of London

Do you have a karaoke song?  A song, whose lyrics and beats you have memorized in your head, handy in the event your friends force you to karaoke night?  I do: "Werewolves of London" by Warren Zevon.  I know this song.  I can sing it without a lyric teleprompter.  I can even go without the music. I love that there are no high notes or need for a strong vocal prowess; it is basically a talk through.  You just gotta do with some style and flair. 

 I don't even know what it is about this song, but we just get each other. 

Sadly, the full moon was at the beginning of this month, but every time I hear this song, I feel a bit..lupine.



 
 
Bedtime Story/Movie: An American Werewolf in London

Since we are already talking about lycanthropy, it is time to pull out this 80's classic for the night. 
Infused with dark humor and a great soundtrack (no Warren Zevon though), it is very noteworthy for those FX during the main character David's transformation.  Makes me nostalgic for the days of "practical effects" over today's overreliance on computer technology. FYI, Director John Landis also directed Michael Jackson's infamous "Thriller" video.  



Cheers!

No comments: