Wednesday, October 29, 2014

12 Days of Halloween: Days 9 & 10

Perhaps because I start my new job the week before Thanksgiving, I suddenly don't care about Halloween anymore; I'm all about Thanksgiving now.  It is a blasphemous thing to say and certainly out of character for me; however, as I transition into a new phase of my life, I guess my priorities change. 

But I am still finishing this dang Halloween challenge, so help me Samhain! 


 
Day 9 & 10 Routine: Meta Level 1

Nothing much to say except I made it through 3 days of Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis, including the cardio.  I think I am testing my tolerability (or lack therof) by doing her cardio until I poop out. I know it will only be a matter of time before I get bored and crave something else for cardio. 


Treat of the Day

Bonus: I ate two!  I mean I missed a day of blogging, so it only makes sense to eat two, right? 

Apple Cider Cream Pie

First up is an apple cider cream pie (courtesy of Bang Bang Pie Shop).  I mentioned the other day that I was poo-pooed on pumpkin flavored treats, so this was a nice change of pace.  It was slightly sweet, custard-textured and the cider flavor was faint.  I believe the crust was ginger bread or at least spiced in a similiar vein. Very unique and different.


 Next up is a caramel apple bread pudding (unknown origins) -- it like an apple pie and bread pudding mated, with a splash of caramel sauce.  It was much sweeter than the cider pie and had a bolder flavor.  I am a big fan of bread puddings in general, so this hit the spot for me.  I did find the sweetness a little off-putting and felt it was definitely a once-in-awhile treat. 



 
 
Soundtrack of the Day: Drag Me to Hell

Sam Raimi is most famous for his "Spiderman" moves that starred Tobey McGuire, but his bread and butter has always been the horror-comedy subgenre.  His foray into this genre were the beloved "Evil Dead" films.  He later recreated this magic with the underrated "Drag Me to Hell", which sadly flopped back in 2009.  I think it is a cult film in the making and the soundtrack is exceptional.  Moody, chilling and gives you a sense of doom, composer Christopher Young hits another homerun (he also composed my weekend pick: Hellraiser soundtrack).





 
Bedtime Story/Film: Lights Out

I thought I would share this horror short, "Lights Out", by filmmaker David F. Sanberg.  Sandberg won Best Director for the Who's There Film Challenge.  I have watched this one numerous times and it still gets me jumpy.  Enjoy!

 

No comments: